Monday, February 27, 2012

new perspective


We finally did it... we turned Zane's car seat around.  I'm kind of a safety freak, especially when it comes to Zane.  After watching the tiny crash test dummies in the videos during our car seat safety class, I was definitely going to follow the AAP's guideline to keep him rear facing until at least 2 years.  I was having a tough time deciding whether to wait a little longer or not... but we did it.  Zane was pretty excited to have the new view and was kind of in a daze for a while as he stared out the front window when we were driving around this weekend.  Once he got used to his new vantage point, he started pointing out all of the trucks and buses.

It's still just as hard to get him into his seat... we thought that might help, but no!  He still doesn't like to sit still and be tied down :)  He also now has a much easier path to the front seat.  Tonight when we got home, he kept saying "I want to drive!" As soon as he was unbuckled from his seat, he was between the front two seats and climbing over the console before I even realized what happened.  Then he jumped into the driver's seat, started shifting and steering :)  It was pretty funny.  Then he accidentally honked the horn and startled himself, so that was my chance to get him out of the car!


You can almost see in this picture that he finally got a haircut over the weekend too.  It was long overdue, and he no longer has to say "eyes! eyes!" because his hair is poking into his eyes. 

Zane was cracking me up tonight because two of his most used current phrases have to be "I want to see poop!" and "I want to see booger!"  (Can you tell he has a lot of poopy diapers and has a cold again?)  But then he has heart melting moments, like when he was in the bathtub tonight and responded to his daddy saying he was going to be right back with "ok, love you."  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment