Wednesday, April 6, 2011

double whammy





Zane must have been missing his pediatrician... I picked him up from school on Monday with 2 gooey eyes.  The whites of his eyes were bright white, but they were oh so gooey.  Poor baby! His eyes were puffy but goo-free on Tuesday morning - we still got an appointment with his pediatrician's office that afternoon, which was good because he has an ear infection.  Boo!  He made it so long without any ear infections, and now he's already onto #2. 

He did, however, get to use a stand up scale for the first time ever.  I was a little confused at first when the nurse stopped by the scale.  He weighed in at 24 lbs!  I wasn't expecting him to already be up 2 lbs - it's been less than 2 months since his 1 year check up.  Then, while we were waiting in the exam room, Zane was pushing the doctor's stool around (very fun), and he figured out he could pull it and walk backwards.  He was very tickled with himself. When we got home, he tried out his new trick using a walker - he even placed one of his little people on it to go for a ride. 

Zane and I are making our return to school/work tomorrow now that he's gotten a full dose of antibiotics.  I caught this funny shot of Molly doing a fly by of a cringing Zane today while we were slacking off.  Chances are she was making the same face back at him - she's definitely a little unnerved by how much more mobile he's become in the last few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment