Sunday, October 9, 2011

yes!

Still behind on blogging... :)  I'm going to attempt to catch up on the last couple of weeks, but here's a picture from today:

In true Seattle form, Zane says "coffee" a lot.  Usually followed by "hot". :)  He's very safety conscious!  One thing I'm really excited about and generally tickled by is that he now says "yes!!"  (it sounds a little like "yesh" right now).  When he says he wants "more", he doesn't usually say what he wants more of - milk, food, activity (usually something silly like putting a cup on your head as a "hat") - so we ask him a series of "do you want more _?" questions.  Now when we hit what he wants, he says "yes!"  You can see how excited and relieved he is all at the same time that we finally understand what he wants.

Right after Labor Day, Zane officially moved up to the toddler room at school, and it's gone much more smoothly than his last transition between classes.  I think it helps that the schedule is pretty much the same, and his buddies are more important to him now.  He also still sees his old waddler room teacher out on the playground in the morning and afternoon, so I think that helped smooth things over.  They do have a little more involved curriculum in the new class, so he's been wiped out at the end of the day.  We've had to bump his bedtime back up to about 7p again.  He sleeps from 7-7:30 and takes a 2-3 hr nap... and then the few hours he's awake in between, he's running on all cylinders!

Fall has definitely set in, so Zane's back in his rain gear 2x a day for his outside play time.  I don't think he minds the rain because he loooves "pu-dulls."  Here's a picture I copied from his daycare's blog (Zane's the one stomping in the green alligator rain coat):

Just over a week ago, we went to Moline, IL for Meredith and Corey's wedding.  Zane was a trooper even though we threw off his sleep schedule pretty much the whole weekend.  It was a quick trip, and I think he was happy to get back to his normal schedule and his friends on Monday :)  The wedding was great, and although he did bust a move on the dance floor with the other kids (and, yes, that's a pacifier in his mouth - we really messed up his sleep!), I think the highlight of the weekend for Zane had to be the John Deere Pavilion right across the street from our hotel.  He really loves trucks and tractors (and buses and boats and planes):



The week of the wedding, Zane had a mild stomach virus, but thankfully it didn't last long.  In the midst of being sick, his latest tooth burst through - his lower right canine.  Fifteen teeth!  Soon to be 16, and then he just has the last set of molars to have a full set of baby teeth.

This past week, Zane had a great week at school, and then we had a pretty low key weekend.  I think we all needed that after traveling so much lately - our days of traveling light are long over, and it's just a lot more complicated now, so it tends to wipe us all out.  Zane was pretty excited about the pumpkins appearing around our neighborhood - "punkin!" "bye-bye punkin!"  Here's a picture of him swinging on a big kid swing when I picked him up one afternoon ("swiiiing!"):

No comments:

Post a Comment