Wednesday, July 11, 2012

scrubby, scrubby




Zane went to the dentist yesterday morning for the second time. While we were waiting to talk to the dentist, Zane pulled every single truck out of the toy bin and drove them on the big chair. She counted all 20 of his teeth (so thankful his last molar has arrived before his baby brother!!), and said they looked great. Zane let her scrub his teeth for a really long time with the new toothbrush that he picked out. We got the go ahead to start using big kid toothpaste instead of his toddler training toothpaste... we are going to have to work on spitting! Next time we go, Zane will sit in the same area as the big kids and try out flossing.


The highlight of the trip was the construction going on next door to the dentist's office, so his reward for doing so great at the dentist was getting to watch a digger load up a dump truck.


Zane also helped out with some pressure washing this past weekend, and he showed his appreciation for his daddy's hard work by running through the puddles:


I installed the car seat base for the infant seat over the weekend since we have arrived at the 37 week mark and the baby could arrive any time without anyone trying to stop it now that he's officially full term. I told Zane it was for the baby's seat, and he seemed ok with that. Until tonight. When we got home, he pointed to the base and asked what it was. After I replied that it was for the baby's seat, he looked very concerned and said, "No! He can't sit in there. He'll fall out!" I showed him the actual seat part and we snapped it into the base together. He was quite tickled and seemed relieved. Zane's already being a good big brother :)

Zane still doesn't believe me that he used to be a tiny baby and sat in that car seat though. He pointed to his current car seat and said, "No, that's Zane's seat," when I said he used to ride in the infant car seat. "I'm a kid!" Silly Mama :)

No comments:

Post a Comment