Zane had another fun swimming lesson this week, and he definitely wins the award for most splashy baby in his class. He seems to like it so far, and I think it's really cute. It's also helping him overcome his fear of the big bad scary.... shower!!! Because we have to shower before and after getting in the pool, Zane's been getting lots of shower time in. And, since I can't exactly take pictures of him while we're in the water, and no phones allowed in the locker room... I convinced him to model his new swim trunks for me at home. He's such a good sport. :)
He's waving "hi" and "bye" pretty regularly now. He also claps a lot now and makes the "all done" sign. It's pretty cute! It seems like he might understand what it means too, and isn't just copying the hand motion. We started using the signs for "all done" and "more" when we found out they use them in the waddler room at daycare. Then we found out they use a different "all done", but he does both of them now - genius!! ;)
Oh, and there's another thing he's gotten really good at the last couple of weeks.... unrolling toilet paper rolls really fast!! We thought we were done with that once Molly was no longer a puppy. I guess unrolling toilet paper is funny to babies of all kinds.
We also installed Zane's new car seat this weekend. It's pretty big, so I was concerned we wouldn't be able to fit it in our car rear facing. It fits, and best in the middle no less! Since it fits, there was no real reason to wait any longer - it's not like we're lugging our 22 lb baby around in a carrier anymore. I'm hoping to leave him rear facing as long as possible (our car seat class had a big impact on me - something about a tiny crash test dummy in the videos and lots of pregnancy hormones), and this one can stay rear facing up to 40 lbs. He looks pretty cozy in it:
Zane and I also got hit with a stomach bug this week... not fun! Zane was fine until Friday, so we were hoping he was in the clear or just had cold like symptoms. No such luck! He's back to feeling ok, but doesn't have much of an appetite for solids. He's still drinking his bottles and a little water from sippy cups, so that's good. He had a few big bowls of rice cereal this weekend for the first time in what feels like a really long time. Hopefully he's back to chowing down soon, and I really hope February is a healthier month for all of us!
He looks so old in this bathing suit picture!! Adorable too, but that's a given :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's because he's starting to get Justin Bieber hair :)
ReplyDelete