I took this picture this morning when I had to wake Zane up to start the day - he'd been sleeping for 12 1/2 hours, and it was tough to get him to start stirring. He also started the night with his head on the opposite side of the crib, lying on his other side. Since his dad's been out of town almost all week for work, I've gotten to hang out with Zane on weekday mornings, which is something I don't usually do - weekend mornings are a little slower paced! That means Zane got to walk Molly twice a day with me instead of just once. He slept really well all week, so Molly and I were waiting for him to wake up every day to head out the door.
He's generally a good sleeper, but he's been especially snoozerific this week. I think it's because he's been so busy cruising around. He doesn't seem to ever stop moving anymore! He's getting braver moving from object to object, or person (big or small) to object. He did attempt to make it across too big of a gap and got his very first accident report at daycare :( He's ok, but he collided with the activity table he was moving toward in a not so smooth way... definitely not his first (or last) spill, but it's his first that's been documented.
We started something else really fun this week... on Tuesday he had his very first swimming lesson! We learned about the water babies classes at the YMCA near our house from Zane's buddy at daycare. It was pretty cute - the kids ranged from 6 to 18 months. It was worth getting into a swimsuit for, and I'm excited to see how he reacts next week.
Zane's still growing by leaps and bounds and starting to to push some of his 9-12 month size clothes to their limits. I think it may have something to do with how excited he gets about food. :) He's eating more finger food than pureed food now. The only thing he's not a fan of so far is chicken - even mixed into rice with a cheese sauce! We'll keep trying. But he does love plain yogurt, tofu, cheeses, salmon, ground beef, asparagus, pancakes, berries...
No comments:
Post a Comment