Monday, May 20, 2013

8 months

For the first few days of the next week starting March 19th, it was just two boys, Molly, and me (I'm getting better at this flying solo thing thanks to all of these work trips!). Somehow the boys both wake up extra early on those days and hang out with me while I finish getting ready:


This next picture cracks me up and sums up these two troublemakers. I'm constantly asking/reminding Zane to be gentle with and not squish Caden (I never thought the words, "don't squish your brother!" would come out of my mouth!), and Caden thwarts my efforts by laughing hysterically. Caden can be pretty rough too though now that he's getting bigger... I'm sure this is just a glimpse of things to come! Zane was laying down next to/on Caden, who couldn't stop laughing and grabbed ahold of Zane's hair:


That week, Caden tried zucchini, parsnips, and pumpkin. He approved of all of them! He also accompanied me on a long run and napped in the stroller. It was very sweet of him to give me an excuse to stick to the flat path at Alki. ;)

Zane was cracking us up that week talking about "mad birdies," you know, the game Angry Birds. :) He also was asking all week long to drive trucks in the sand with his friend Eli, so we met up with him at Alki with dump trucks and diggers in hand. It turns out that Zane is pretty quick on sand, and he showed off one of his other favorite 3 year old tricks... bolting! Needless to say, our holding hands in parking lots rule has been mandatory these days.


I forgot to mention last time that Zane's doing something else to try to be faster... using the pedals on his tricycle! He still mostly moves it along like his balance bike, kind of like Fred Flintstone, but he's starting to use his pedals going downhill when we are walking Molly.











Caden turned 8 months old on Saturday! He proved just how big he's getting by sitting in a restaurant high chair for the first time. Hooray! We went to Luna Park Cafe, and they have tons of kitschy decorations everywhere. He was thoroughly entertained.






No comments:

Post a Comment